Friday, March 16, 2007

Konichi Wa!

I finally have a moment to post after returning from Japan. The trip was wonderful. Except for that 14 hour flight. A big blargh on that! But I made it and I got to visit with a dear friend who I hadn't been able to see for at least a year and see some sights while I was there. By the way, they do not insulate their houses in Japan. Brrrr. But they do get three cheers from me on the heated toilet seats. Whoo hoo!
Of course, I did do plenty of shopping while there. We visited the Noritake factory and some other various pottery places. All of the pottery was breathtaking and much of it out of my budget. But I did buy lots of fabric, which is actually pretty inexpensive there. My favorite of all are these two. One is cats and one is dogs. They just make me smile. Here's the rest of it...

Can you see the little owls on the bottom one! Very cute! I do apologize for the crappy pictures. There is absolutely no sunlight coming into the house today. Rain Rain Rain and more Rain. blah.

Anyway, while I was in Japan I celebrated my birthday. The big 30. Oh well, I guess we all have to grow up sometime. But, upon my return I was greeted with a super cool present from my hubby. He built me this while I was gone! A design wall! yippee! It's pretty big actually, but it's really a great thing! I definitely had no idea he was going to do this. When I had gone to the quilt show I came home talking about them and how it would be nice to have one. I guess he just took that and ran...straight to Home Depot and the fabric store. What a guy! It's built pretty much into the wall, but he assured me it can come down if/when we move. Rock on!

1 comment:

Samantha said...

fabric shoppingin japan? what a dream- lucky you! Nice choices :-)